Custom Courseware Development: WBTs and CBTs
Our organization creates customized eLearning solutions for the Web that allows you to take your training to the next level. Our courses utilize a wide range of presentation tools including digital imagery, video, and voice over talent to bring life to your material. We incorporate streaming technologies and flash animations to facilitate multimedia content across your network.
We utilize simulations, tutorials, games, slideshows, and other activities to help illustrate and reinforce your concepts and instructional material. Our courses implement screens to support multiple learning styles including kinesthetic, visual, and auditory learning.Advantages of Web Based Training
- WBTs allow for easy, cost-effective delivery of training to users.
- They can be easily adapted, evaluated and modified.
- WBTs are media-rich and can hold the student's attention better and longer than other learning modes.
- Content in WBTs is live and can be kept very current owing to the easy flexibility of the Web.
- Anyone, anywhere can access the training at virtually no cost to the training organization.
- WBTs allow for self directed, self paced training.
- Advances in computer technology will make sure users enjoy unlimited multimedia access. High impact animation, 3-D virtual reality, chat, interactions, and conferencing, with real-time audio and video will be the order of the day.
- Allows for group training (asynchronous and synchronous) as well as individual training.
- WBTS allow for easier, faster updation of content and quicker turnarounds for product implementation.
- Can be run on various platforms - Windows, Mac, UNIX, PDA and wireless devices.
- WBTs require less technical support.
- Billing options by user ID, number of accesses, date/time of access.
- Access to eLearning courses is controllable.
- Can be installed on private networks for security or can be linked to other training systems for greater bandwidth options.
Computer Based Training uses the computer actively as a mode of learning. eLearning courses are created and burnt on CD which can be later opened on a system to impart training. Computer-based training (CBT) is also called computer-assisted instruction (CAI). Users typically learn by running special training programs on a computer. CBTs are browser independent and do not need the Internet to be accessible. They can support heavier file sizes and media as compared to WBTs, without any issue of speed.
However CBTs are typically more resource intensive than WBTs and production expenses are higher.
The eLearning industry started with the CBT, or Computer Based Training model. Before widespread acceptance of the web, a CD containing a PC tutorial was common place. This method is still valuable today; the only difference is that we now have the ability to store presentations on larger media, providing an even more enriching experience.
CBT's are also common among those deployments that utilize a Kiosk or Stand-Alone arrangement. CBT's are designed for those situations where you want high resolution and impeccable quality. These are situations where the value proposition is mostly in the presentation of the material as compared to the tracking of the output.Advantages of CBTs
- Browser independent, users do not need a Net connection.
- Rich media and resource heavy effects are possible without significant slowing down of the system.
Interested in Custom Courseware Development? Request a Quote
- Custom Courseware Development: WBTs and CBTs
- Mobile eLearning Solutions
- Scenario & Game based Learning
- Timed Courses
- Administrator Driven Paced Courses
- Simulation based Learning
- Dynamic Websites
- 2D & 3D Animations
- SCORM Conversion of existing courses
- Product Tutorials
- Process Tutorials
- Software Training Programs